Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Day 59 - Review

Today I:

- failed miserably at my Grooming Goal and bit my nails! but did redress my (very infected) toe

- spent my Half-hour Hope on my Beautifying goal and redressed my small display unit with scrapbook paper backgrounds, really makes our little treasures *pop*

- followed my non-existent Cleaning Schedule

- Prayed about church attendance etc. and Sunny almost made it through (coming out just before the last prayer/hymn) despite a very unsettled night and not so good mood this morning. I spent the first half of creche catching up with R and the second half cuddling a distraught, sleepy and teething toddler J - oh the gorgeousness of cuddles when their whole bodies just sink into you

- Enjoyed time in the afternoon with my beloved Hubby and in the evening as we watched Downton Abbey.

- Also had a nice evening with the parentals for dinner, with talk of their pre-Christmas travels and returned home to enjoy a read aloud of the first chapter of our new "family book" - Sunny is too young to appreciate this but happily played while Hubs and I savoured the story

- Planned out my posts for the week ahead or at least I will after I hit publish on this :)

- managed two out of seven of my Consistency Challenges - oops

- managed most of my Daily Do List though I didn't do Moodscope (again) or have much of a quiet time and whilst I laid out Sunny's clothes, I didn't kay out my own (though I'll mostly be wearing today's outfit recycled)

- got the sad news that my Granda broke his hip and is hospitalised indefinitely, including needing to have an operation to set things aright. To be honest he will more than likely not be able to return to living on his own and whilst it will break his heart (he never wanted to leave the home he shared with his bride - Nanny) the social aspect of elderly care would do him the world of good. I've sorely neglected him of late but at least the hospital stay garnered him visits from my cousins etc. I'll not get down to visit before Sunny's op on Wednesday and for who knows how long afterwards. It's just hit me as I type this - my baby's op is in three days - I've really been blocking it from my mind and have peace about it but phew it still scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please be respectful in this forum.