Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Day 60-66: A failure to plan is a plan to fail

This week's plan is to continue with my days as "normal" and accept my limitations and try to be consistent and stay firmly on the wagon (no chocolate) BUT as we deal with a post-operative Sunny come Wednesday (Day 62) all bets are off. My baby may float through his operation and recovery but who's to say; so in the vein of "a failure to plan is a plan to fail," this post will cover the week ahead from a to-do perspective and I will seek to continue my daily reviews. I'll not be adding to my challenges, especially as I'm struggling but will add in to my review anything beyond the basics that I've managed to include in my day.

- Grooming Goal
--- try to keep from biting my nails
--- book another podiatry appt.
--- continue to soak, cleanse and redress my infected toe
--- read through "TDWYCP" (The 'Do What You Can' Plan) a chapter at a time, as I'm able, and complete associated tasks
My mustard seed goals are...
--- to grow my fingernails and file them (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays) so as to have fingernails that protect my fingers by completely covering the quick (the sensitive nailbed skin) and being smoothly edged to remove the temptation to bite them. I will consider my goal achieved when I have stopped having to think about it and have ceased even thinking about nibbling (though I recognise that this is probably going to take considerably longer than twenty-one days)
--- to have toenails that protect my toes and ward off infections (in-grown toenail infections especially) by letting go of my pathological need for short toenails and keeping them "grown-out" with the added need to trim them more regularly (perhaps weekly on Sundays) and file them to keep the edges smooth and negate my neuroses (scratching or catching my nails on myself/Hubs in bed, tights and socks). I will consider this goal achieved when I no longer worry about a return to ingrown toenail infections (after twenty-one LONG months of constant toe pain, ingrown toenail infections, several anti-biotics and FIVE unsuccessful nail surgeries).

- Half-hour Hope (sewing, knitting and nail care I'd imagine)

- Beautifying

- attempt as much of my Cleaning Schedule as I can:
- Monday
--- brush out en-suite
--- brush out master bedroom
--- brush out nursery
--- clean en-suite
--- dust master bedroom
--- dust nursery
- Tuesday (kitchen)
--- brush floor
--- clean appliance fronts
--- clean counters
--- clean cupboard doors
--- scrub and shine sink and draining area
--- scrub floor
- Wednesday - none as we attend hospital with Sunny
- Thursday
--- brush dining room
--- brush guest bathroom
--- brush hallway
--- clean dining room table/change tablecloth
--- clean guest bathroom
--- dust dining room
--- dust hallway
--- dust wee room
--- straighten dining room
--- straighten hallway
--- straighten wee room
- Friday (vacuuming or attending Tots' group or neither)
--- vacuum area rug in the lounge
--- vacuum carpet in the wee room
- Saturday
--- brush lounge
--- dust lounge
--- dust and tidy car interior
--- mop or spot check lounge floor
--- straighten lounge
- Sunday - rest

- Consistency Challenges
--- Frumps to Pumps (get dressed by 9am/immediately after lie-in/wear earrings/encourage sister by a daily text/tweeze eyebrows on Tues/CTM and apply nightcream on Sat)
--- Hydration (two-and-a-half litres)
--- Say Grace before dinner
--- Smaller Portions
--- Sugar Fast (no chocolate)
--- Tidying Time
--- Walk with Sunny

- Daily Do List
--- Bedtime & HH prep
--- Bleach toilets regularly (Tu/Sa)
--- Catechism practice (25)
--- Commit the day to God in prayer
--- Food prep
--- Laundry (washing on Tues and Sat if possible)
--- Lay out the next day's clothes
--- Load/unload dishwasher
--- Moodscope
--- Prayer Sticks
--- Quick-clean bathrooms
--- Quick-clean kitchen/sink
--- Quiet Time
--- Scripture memory work
--- Swagbucks
--- Wake up the house routine
--- Weigh-in and record weight (Tu/Sa)
--- What's for dinner?
--- Worship song time
--- Write daily review post
--- Write 31 days' post (Oct only)
--- Write Weekly Weigh-in post (Tues but scheduled for Weds)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please be respectful in this forum.