Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Day 64 - Christmas Preparations (Take 1) + Day 60-66

As Sunny seems to be recovering well I want to crack on with the Christmas Preparations:
- I don't even cook the Sunday roast but we are hosting Christmas for my in-laws, by-then-four-months-pregnant SIL, BIL and 3yo niece and more than likely, Aunt-in-law B; fortunately Hubs is taking the lead on the cooking but no doubt I'll be butting my nose in
- I always decorate like a mad thing and the number of decorations grows annually (usually only by one or two items but this year I've already bought a "Merry Christmas" wooden letter banner in our bedroom colours for hanging over our bed and...)
- ...the nativity set I wanted last year sold out but is available once more (it's very like the hugely expensive willow tree one but at £48 is much more attractive to me, especially with its ethical fairtrade credentials) and...
- I'd really like to get a Sunny-friendly nativity but am fairly torn between a couple of options (wooden mostly) and wanting to get more than one and also about getting the nativity ducks! which I think he would really love
- ...my growing interest in Judaism (which had led me to buy a little menorah a few years ago) has now led me to purchase a Hanukkah menorah (or Hanukiah/Hanukkyah, it seems there are multiple spelling options) for this year (a 9-candle candelabrum in pewter)
- our two bed/two bath/two reception apartment boasts up to three "big" trees and multiple decorated areas, I add so much "extra" that standing photo frames etc. are packed away as Christmas takes over from autumn before morphing into winter etc.
- I wanted to handmake more gifts this year so I need to go through and decide which of my grand plans from the beginning of the year will make it to fruition and therefore that I need to get working on (there are a couple of badly done scarves that I'll probably have to restart)
- I also need to dig through and see what I've already bought for people and what/who there is still to get (for)
- so today's plan is to:
--- discuss with Hubby and try to make a final decision on the Hanukiah, fairtrade nativity (more than likely my main Christmas pressie) and order them if we're fully in agreement and to try to make the much harder decision of one (or more) child-friendly nativity set(s) and/or the nativity ducks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please be respectful in this forum.