Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

Day 67 - Review

Today I:

- went through each item on my to do list and cried as I saw how little I had accomplished so instead of being an emotional mess as well as a zombie I have chosen to reflect on what I did today

- committed the day to God first thing and enjoyed a half-hour to awaken and prep posts for the coming week before dressing, eating and starting a wash and bleaching the toilets, in good time to leave for Sunny's hospital appointment

- walked a huge way (for me, especially as I'm in agony with my infected toe) from the car to hospital and back

- thanked God for bringing Sunny through his catheter removal well and for keeping him calm and his happy self throughout

- was glad of the preparation of snacks for us all as we enjoyed elevenses at the hospital

- carried a cranky awakening Sunny from being asleep in the car into the house, stripped us both then crawled under the covers with him, fed him and we both slept soundly

- awoke to visitors and had some time with my Mama, Sis#1 and three of her four beautiful boys before ducking out for tutoring only for it to be cancelled

- quickly swapped out one wash for the other and then nipped back to join the others, only to be gifted with a beautiful new-to-us cornflower blue bed settee which is just what we had been in the market for but had given up hope of finding - thanks Sis#1 and SportyBIL!!!! Awaited Hubby's return from work for approval of it but knew that was a given!

- got some freshly made pancakes from my Dad rather than using our freezer stash and made up a quick and easy tea (thanks to Hubby's bacon purchase) and ate with Sunny before dashing about hanging up the two loads of laundry around the radiators, folding and putting away the dry clothes then getting dinner for Hubs too

- Sunny enjoyed a bath (no bubbles, just salt) with Daddy while I cleared up and then after a quick trip to show Hubs the sofa, the boys enjoyed story time while I continued my brief stint of productivity

- Hubs headed to church for a meeting whie Sunny and I had milkies before prayers and bed (incorporating Scripture memory work), honestly I think I should probably have just turned in then myself as I've been a zombie since but looking at this I know I did a lot today and that is my focus as I turn in for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please be respectful in this forum.