Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day 68 - Review

Today I:

- Christmas Preparations
--- didn't discuss the Christmas card list but did get through the book people order with Hubby, all ready for me to place it tomorrow, I also did a quick look at amazon prices to compare and on my nephew's present alone it's a saving of over twelve pounds at less than a third the price or to put it another way - the set of three books through the book people costs less than one of the books on amazon!

- Grooming Goal
--- attended podiatric appointment
--- nibbled my fingernails
--- didn't cut/file Sunny's toenails
--- read "TDWYCP" (The 'Do What You Can' Plan) chapter five
--- what held me back before from these goals? How can I make progress? - nervousness, stress, quitting, not re-committing after I'd spoiled my nails again, progress through redirecting that nervousness into knitting/other handicrafts, writing through negative feelings, recognising that the pain of my nails will only serve to resurface negative feelings toward myself and bring me back to that nervous state time and again

- Half-hour Hope (laying out tomorrow's clothes/book people order)

- Cleaning Schedule - Tuesday (kitchen) - sink and some of the countertop done and made soup

- Attended podiatric appt. and as the silver nitrate did its work I hobbled back to the car with Sunny, trapped my finger painfully in the boot handle and then cried the whole way home in pain, so not my best day ever but back to the podiatrist on Friday again, again, again... Twenty-two months and counting!

- Prayed for Hubs as he took his first training session

- Tutored M (after giving Sunny an early tea)

- read a little more of my potty training e-book in preparation for beginning once we feel the little one is sufficiently over his operation, we cannot be DONE with nappies soon enough! EC has been great at allowing us to repsond to him (we take him at times we know he'll need to go and when he signs to go) and make him more comfortable but it isn't training, especially as I never fully embraced the whole naked baby/more possibility of accidents on the floor and chose instead to always keep Sunny in a nappy. To date our longest dry spell has been about thirteen hours and we're so proud of how well Sunny has done but I really believe that it's time for him to take the next step, he can and does hold it (especially in the early morning) and though he'll still need our help (with clothing etc.) I know he'll enjoy the responsibility and independence. He is already so proud of himself when he goes in the potty so this will just be the icing on the cake (I hope). Nineteen adorable little pairs of pants await him!

- spent a lot of time with my folks again today, think I'm trying to build up a bank of visits for both Sunny and I for when they're away. Three months is such a long stretch; I've only been without my parents for that length of time once before when I lived in Canada for three-and-a-half months, but since I was the one who was away on that occasion the loss wasn't as great. Sis#1 you better visit lots!!!

- Consistency Challenges
--- Beautifying (my soul through prayer time)
--- Frumps to Pumps (forgot to tweeze eyebrows)
--- Hydration (woo-hoo, met)
--- Say Grace before dinner (woo-hoo, remembered)
--- Smaller Portions (yep)
--- Sugar Fast (nope)
--- Tidying Time (virtual only)
--- Walk with Sunny (outside playing and around my parents' house then car to hospital and back, including through the park to see the ducks - baltic outside today)

- Daily Do List - all except
--- Catechism practice (25-26) - totally forgotten - oopsie
--- Moodscope
--- Prayer Sticks
--- Tutoring clear-up forgotten in the bedtime melée - oops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please be respectful in this forum.